Hello all! Since Christmas is in exactly 15 days, I’m pretty excited. For those of you who have been procrastinating your Christmas shopping because you simply don’t know what to get someone in your life, here’s a few ideas!
What I always go to is Fragrance. BUT, it can be a hit or miss because sometimes something that smells incredible to you or on you, just doesn’t smell that way for someone else. So unless you know what sort of scent this person likes wearing, I suggest you tread carefully in this territory. 🙂
1. Burberry Brit EDP This is my absolutely favourite scent ever! In my opinion, this is one of Burberry’s best fragrances EVER just because of how classy and sexy this scent is. Since it’s an EDP it will be strong but the dry down is amazing and it just smells delicious. It’s perfect for nighttime and daytime if you can work it. A little bit goes a long way. It doesn’t lean on the floral side or on the fresh aquatic side, which I know are turn offs for many people. I personally don’t like overly floral perfumes, I impulsively bought Lola by Marc Jacobs after smelling it in the store and after a few weeks hated the scent and so had to give it away. But, Brit is a sure keeper. It’s young enough to be worn by people in their early 20s all the way until late 30s I would say. If you’re daring, then you can probably rock it way into your 50s. 😉 Gift set is $95. Regular 1.7 oz bottle is $72. Best suggestion is to add a few bucks more and purchase the gift set.
2. Burberry London
This is my second scent by Burberry for women who will like a more stronger, feminine and mature scent. It definitely is a mature and sophisticated scent that is more suited towards nighttime but if used sparingly, can be used during the day. It doesn’t have the fresh quality of Brit, but it has notes of sandalwood, patchouli and different flowers. That being said, this is a fragrance that leans more onto the floral side, so for anyone who digs floral perfumes, this might be the one for her. Also, the bottle is very pretty, it doesn’t look cheap and it embodies the essence of Burberry. (The picture does the actual bottle no justice.) I would say this a scent for women in their late 20s going all the way well into their 50s. The 1.7 oz is $69.
3. Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
One can never go wrong with Viva La Juicy. This scent is a mixture of honeysuckle, berries, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood, and much more. It’s a sweet scent but it doesn’t smell like candy. The blend of different ingredients create a very unique scent that many, many people find hard to dislike. It’s perfect for younger girls who are teenagers up to the age of 25. Many places sell the gift sets for as low as $30 if you can find it!
You can never go wrong with giving someone a really nice watch. Maybe you don’t want to break your bank by shelling out for a Michael Kors but these 3 look and work just as well! The first two watches are from Express, which I really love because they look simple yet very elegant. They’re not too flashy and don’t look cheap as well. The 3rd watch is from ASOS and I think the face is absolutely gorgeous with the union jack. All 3 look very classy and are boyfriend watches (which I am in love with) with big faces and bracelets. They stand out but not in your overly accessorized studded designer watches. The first two could probably be given to anyone of any age, but the 3rd might be better suited for teens and people in their early 20s. The first two watches are $138 and the ASOS watch is $52.
These two pieces of jewelry are ridiculously pretty in my opinion. The bracelet from Express looks minimalistic yet dressy at the same time. And the necklace by Zara is just so pretty! Perfect to wear with a plain dress or outfit to add a pop to it. The Express bracelet is $26.90 and the Zara necklace is $39.90.
Beauty and Skincare
If someone is an avid eyeshadow lover, you cannot go wrong with the Naked palette by Urban Decay or the Naked 2 palette. The color selection of the Naked palette is great and very warm, which is perfect for the holidays! Also, these eyeshadows are very pigmented and you get 12 shadows plus an eyelid primer by Urban Decay for a solid $50.
7. Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar Set
If you keep up in the beauty community, you should have heard by now about the Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tars which are being sold at Sephora. These ‘lip tars’ are incredibly pigmented and are easy to apply. Not to mention, they are very long lasting and a little bit goes a long way! It has the finish of a lipstick but it goes on like a gloss and has both the textures as well! This set is at Sephora for $50.
If you know someone who likes taking care of their lips this is the perfect lip palette to get them. Korres lip butters are so moisturizing and they’re tinted so you get the hydrating properties of a balm but the pop of color that you’d get with a lip tint. These also last forever! I’ve had my Korres lip butter since April and I’ve still not hit the bottom of it yet. This set is on sale at Sephora for $19.
9. Ole Henriksen the naked TRUTH set
This skin care set works to even out skin tone and to brighten the skin. It contains a truth serum which is a collagen booster and a truth creme which is a hydrator. It’s perfect for someone who’s being introduced to a brand to see if they will like any of the products or no. The truth serum is supposed to be the bomb! This set is at Sephora for $22.50.
This exclusive skin care set available at Sephora contains an Ultra Repair concentrate, a Detox Eye Roller and 60 Facial Radiance Pads all for the price of $40. The Ultra Repair Concentrate moisturizes and hydrates while the eye roller helps reduce the appearance of dark under eye circles and under-eye puffiness. The facial pads contain lactic and glycolyic acid so they tone, brighten and exfoliate your skin after application. Overall, an incredible deal for only $40. This is a perfect gift for someone of any age.
11. Guess walletThis wallet also doubles as a wristlet and comes in 3 different colors: Black, Blue and Taupe. Out of the 3 colors, this blue has to be my favourite because it’s a very pretty color and it will definitely add a pop of color to whatever you’re wearing. This is available for$32.99 at Macys.
This is a really pretty clutch if you’re shopping for someone who goes out a lot. Especially since it’s the holiday season, there are a ton of parties and family gatherings going on and what better gift to give someone than a clutch bag. I love the design and the tassels. This bag is from ASOS and is $24.63.