Since it’s back to school season (I start next week D: ) I thought I’d do a back to school post about things you’ll need or want for when you go back to school. I tried to cater a bit to high-school/college age students but of course some things apply more to college students since some high schools have strict dress codes.
1. This is my all time favorite blemish fighting product, Etude House’s AC Clinic Red Spot Balm and their AC Clinic cleanser. I had bought this a while ago with hopes that it would help clear up my breakouts and it did!
2. For school, a heavy un-natural eye makeup look is a no-no. It looks too overdone and try-hard. That’s why a nice neutral palette is perfect for adding some definition to your eyes. This is Clinique’s Color Surge Eyeshadow Duo with a blush as well.
3. For girls on a budget this is Clean and Clear’s Dual Action Moisturizer which helps fight against breakouts and moisturizes.
4. Of course who can’t go without deodorant! This is a must for everyone, everyday.
5. This is Clinique’s Cream Blush, it’s a cream blush with wonderful pigment that could also double up as a natural lip color.
6. This is The Body Shop’s Soothing Aloe Day cream, it’s pricier than Clean and Clear’s but it really helps to calm redness and inflammation in my skin.
7. My BB Cream is a must everyday. I don’t ever use foundation so this BB cream is the way to go. It’s Etude House’s Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB Cream. I did a review on it a while ago and it’s nothing short of amazing!
8. A compact rollerball keeps you smelling fresh and clean all day long, since it’s a rollerball it’s easy to reapply throughout the day. I love my Jimmy Choo rollerball fragrance 🙂
9. Another eyeshadow duo by Clinique also features natural colors that are appropriate for school and not the club.
10. Maybelline’s Baby Lips not only smells nice but gives you a nice pink tint as well as hydration, if you’re in the rush or can’t wear lipstick to school.
11. Another one of my favorites is MAC’s Cozy Up, which is a nice nude/coral color and doesn’t look dramatic for school.
12. What girl can’t go without eyeliner? Usually schools are lax when it comes to wearing eyeliner so this is one thing you can probably get away with if you go to a strict high school. This is Sephora’s Kohl Eyeliner in Smoky Gray.
Here’s a closeup shot of the eyeshadow palettes and the cream blush. Notice how they all seem to be in the same color range 😀 I went shopping in Soho yesterday and of course I had to go visit this really popular, trendy clothing store that I really like. And I got this pair of of shorts which have a little flounce at the sides that look super cute. I also got a new pair of oxfords because my previous ones have been to hell and back, and I needed some new ones. So happy with my purchase! I also visited Muji to pick up by go-to school books where I take all of my notes in. For those of you who don’t know what Muji is, it’s a Japanese chain store that sells everything from school supplies to storage to clothes to skincare, all under their own brand name. They’re super minimalistic, which is one of their charms, and on the higher end of the price range. Their notebooks are amazing because they’re light (which is GREAT) and compact.
I love having a colorful manicure on my nails because not only is it eyecatching but also it looks so fun! The nail polishes are Ciate’s – Skinny Jean and Illamasqua – Venous.
And of course these are essential for school! It’s imperative to have your course syllabi printed out, your schedule (of course), your calculator, clicker and your iPad (because who still carries a heavy laptop around?).